Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Kumihimo is not my thing, really.

So here I am, another day and another attempt at kumihimo and beads. This one turned out much better. I used 3 seed beads to each pearl and everything seems to be lined up better. I also started with the two pearl thread side by side and they spiral nicely around the piece.

Now I'll have to try with 4 threads of pearls and see how that turns out.

Why am I doing this if Kumihimo is not my thing? Well, I'm writing a tutorial for a wire ring that I make and the whole writing process is taxing my brain, so I need a diversion and kumihimo is it because it is easy to do and very portable.

Another thing I'm not good at is making beaded beads so I gave that a try last evening. No pictures - some failures are not worth documenting - but I'm determined to master beaded beads, so I intend to try again tonight.

In the meantime, here's a picture of my latest effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment